Receding gums is the most common dental problem which occurs due to recession of gums. Gums recession happens when the gum tissue pulls back and exposes the roots of the tooth. In this article, we are going to learn about the various facts about Receding Gums and the Best ways To stop Receding Gums.
The recession of gums is caused by several things but mainly it is due to Gum disease. Some other causes of recession are Harsh Brushing, Periodontal diseases, Genetics, Hormonal changes, Tobacco products, and Poor Dental Care.
Receding gums is a gradual condition that gets worse day by day, and the person doesn’t realize their gums are receding. But it is very visible that the gums are receding. It is necessary to consult a dentist immediately.
When gums started receding then they will leave your teeth open till its root by which harmful bacteria which may cause you other gum diseases, and the sensitivity of the teeth can increase because of the cold water contact directly to the roots of the teeth.
- Long teeth more than natural
- Exposers of tooth roots
- Weak tooth or lose tooth
- Dark or yellow layer exposer
Best Products To Stop Receding Gums Fast and Naturally
Main Causes of Receding Gums
Receding of gums occurs due to many reasons and factors it may vary from person to person as their routine of oral hygiene but the most common Causes we will discuss are below.
- Gum Disease (Periodontal) – Periodontal is a gum disease of the soft tissues which is around your teeth. As the Periodontal infection increase the receding of gums will get more severe. The soft gum tissue gets detach from the tooth surface because of bacterial infection.
- Genetics – one of the cause of recession of gums can be your genetics. Which can be a family trend which comes through your parents or grandparents to your gens.
- Wrong Brushing Technique – your harsh brushing can lead you to receding of your gums. A fast and rapid brushing on the lower part of teeth or on the gums will affect your gums and can give you other gum disease.
- Hormones Change – It is mainly found in women’s during or after the hormonals shifts which can be seen on their gum tissues. it mainly occurs during puberty, pregnancy and menses.
- Tobacco and Smoking – Gum recession is the common problem for many smokers and tobacco users because it causes a sticky plaque on the teeth’s and this plaque will affect the whole teeth and gums. It directly affects the health of the gum tissues and inhabits the blood flow.
- Crooked Teeth – If someone have a crooked tooth which can lead to gum receding. the alignment of the teeth’s properly is important for your oral health.
- Teeth Grinding – Grinding of teeth’s can wear down the teeth because it grinds away the teeth and alone teeth health will not affect it can cause the gum s recession.
How to Stop Receding Gums Fast?
The best way to stop Receding Gums is by taking proper care of your gums and teeth. you can improve your brushing by using a soft brush and gentle brushing. You can use natural remedies for stopping gums recession or you can consult a dentist and start the proper treatment according to the condition of your gums.
- First and most important book an appointment and consult a dentist
- Use a Soft Bristle Brush which will be gentle to your gums and teeth’s
- Use manual tooth brush because electric toothbrush has more impact on your gums
- Stop using tobacco, Nicotine, and Smoking products
- Clean the gaps between the teeth Properly
- Go for Dental Cleaning at least in every 6 months
The gums which receded won’t grow back, but there are many ways you can prevent your receding gums. I will list out some of the natural and dental procedures which will help you for making your gums better.
- Oil Pulling – Oil Pulling is the most effective natural remedy for Receding Gums because it will Remove the bacteria on the gums which can cause receding of gums.
- Green Tea – Drinking Green tea regularly will help you in many ways but it can also help you to improve your gums and teeth, drink at least 2 cups of green tea per day.
- Aloe Vera Gel – using Aloe Vera gel can be effective for your overall dental health.
- Eucalyptus oil – Eucalyptus oil can help the gums to slow down the recession and can rebuild the gums tissue naturally.
- Salt Water Rinse – Salt water is effective for removal of bacteria from the teeth and the gums. Salt water is also helpful for smoothing of gums.
- Omega-3 fatty acids – it is proven way for improving the gums and tooth in many ways.
There are many treatments to stop receding gums but the best one is prevention, prevention can be more effective at the initial time of receding of gums you can use the softer brush and total hygiene of mouth is helpful.
Although natural methods can slow down the recession it doesn’t heal or rebuild the gums tissue for this you need to consult a dentist and he will recommend you the best treatment to stop receding gums.
Some of the procedures for Receding Gums, I am listing down below
- Flap Surgery
- Gum Graft/ Tissue Graft
- LANAP [laser-assisted new attachment procedure]
- Pink Porcelain
- Gum Veneers
- Flap Surgery: Flap surgery is the process of lifting up the gums tissue and cleaning the parts of gums which are infected. The bacteria from the gums will be removed in the cleaning process and it will protect the gum tissue. this will going to stop receding gums quickly .
- Gum Graft/ Tissue Graft: when the gums receding is sever then tissue graft is the most recommended treatment, in this the dentist will take some tissue from the other part of your mouth and attach it to the affected part of the gums so it can protect the gums and teeth root from exposer.
- LANAP: LANAP stands for laser-assisted new attachment procedure, it is a laser treatment for the regeneration of tissues. It doesn’t require any cuts or stitches and its completely painless process and also best for the quick recovery of gums tissue.
- Orthodontics: it is the process of moving the position of teeth slowly in a period of time. By this it will also makes gums position better and gives good results.
- Pink Porcelain: it is the process of filling the pink colour porcelain on the affected area of receding of gums by filling its gap.
- Gum Veneers: gums veneers are made up of acrylic or silicone and this veneers are used to replace the rescission effected part of the gums and it covers large amount of area of gums easily.
Receding gums is one of the common dental conditions of gums, it can happen even if you have good oral habits. The gums tissue which is receded will not grow back unless you go for surgery for receding gums.
The best way to stop receding gums is to take proper care of your gums and teeth with proper brushing techniques, and by not using any harmful products and smoking. Consult a dentist as soon as possible it will help you to treat it at the initial stage of receding gums.
If you have any questions about Stop Receding Gums you can feel free to Contact Us or Leave a comment down below.
How to grow back receding gums?
The best way to grow back the receding gums is to consult a dentist and he will recommend you the best possible treatment for receding gums according to the condition of your gums.
Does smoking weed cause receding gums?
Yes, smoking weed will cause you receding gums because it's high-temperature smoking and it will affect the gums and can cause the gums recession. Smoking weed will affect the gums in various forms.
How much does it cost to fix receding gums?
The cost of fixing receding gums will totally depend on the condition of your gums, the dentist you consult, and the treatment. But receding gums can cost around $1,200 to $2,000 or even less or more.
Can you have dental implants with receding gums?
Yes, you can have a dental implant with receding gums to bring back the missing tooth but you must consult the dentist before you make any decision.